Thursday, April 12, 2012

april 12, 2012

art school, circa 1998:


a few days ago my mom found this tucked away in my old closet. it's a shoebox size scale replica of my art school apt. made of balsa, bass and wood glue. it used to be mounted on a base and had wooden drawings hanging on the walls and vertical blinds and shelves, but i disassembled it so i could carry the pieces with me as i moved around. which was kind of weird now that i think about it.

books, magazines, remote controls, ashtrays and cigarette butts.


a giant tv, VHS tapes, two VCRs for editing and CDs.


pencils, spray fixative and more cigarette butts. and an ab roller.

8 comments:

Peg Duthie said...

I love it! I have a soft spot for minature settings -- I don't go looking for them, but very fondly recall the ones I came across at the Boston Public Library, Tel Aviv Museum, Arts et Metiers Museum in Paris -- and there's something delightful about the inherently delicate way they document scenes of often robust activity (smithies, schoolrooms, kitchens, workshops)...

(I don't make time to comment very often, but I visit this blog through my Google Reader feed on a regular basis -- I really like your illustration and captioning style. Thank you so much for sharing your work!)

Anonymous said...

What wonderful attention to detail! I've always been hopeless at 3D stuff, so I really admire people with a head for spatial thinking. Love your watercolors, too. I just found your blog; it's beautiful!

Matt said...

holy crap - this is brilliant!

Unknown said...

Your articles and contents are inspirational.
more cigarettes

RS Gold said...

GREAT menu! We've began generating my own laundry cleaning soap just not too long ago * along with adore it : but don't use a pretreatment apply -- These are Simple elements and i am planning to provide vid try out!!! Many thanks for publishing it!

Cheap WOW Gold
Buy MapleStory Mesos

Unknown said...

I really enjoy while I read your blogs and articles.
recommendation

peter watson said...

Wonderful learning guys I’m a fan of your website.
bull smoke electronic cigarette

Dustin N Pierce said...

Awesome post! This information, my friend, which I am about to discover, is incredibly beneficial. With all the useful information you have, this is a fantastic blog as well. Keep up the excellent work you're doing right here. I went to a blog about how to measure reaction time. To read the whole article and leave comments, go to react speed test.